Monday, January 4, 2010

Basil and Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Oh my goodness... just when I thought mashed potatoes could not be any better, I found this recipe. For Christmas I received this cookbook: Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs. This is only one of my Disney cookbooks (I received four this year for Christmas), but this is the first recipe that I will share with you. (My plan is to work my way through the books, and I will strategically give you the best.) So this leads me to exhibit A: Basil and Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes.Here's what you need:
3/4 pound or 2 large baking potatoes
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons milk (I added a little more to make them creamy)
1 garlic bulb roasted (Just cut the top off, rub olive oil all over the bulb, wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes...mmm.)
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Peel and quarter potatoes and place in a large pot of water to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20-25 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and return to the pot. Mash with butter and milk. (I also used the hand mixer to make them a little creamier.)
2. Remove the soft parts of the garlic from the roasted bulb and add with basil to potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Seriously. These are delicious. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment