- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder - didn't use
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder - didn't use
- 1 teaspoon Mexican Spice Blend
- 1 red onion, chopped -used Vidalia
- 2 cloves garlic, minced - didn't have on hand
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 5 canned whole green chiles, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 canned chipotle chiles, seeded and minced - didn't use
- 1 (28-ounce) can stewed tomatoes - didn't use
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 16 corn tortillas - used flour tortillas instead
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce, canned (I bought Chipotle Sauce)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Jack cheeses
- Garnish: chopped cilantro leaves, chopped scallions, sour cream, chopped tomatoes
Coat large saute pan with oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken over medium heat, allow 7 minutes each side or until no longer pink. Sprinkle chicken with cumin, garlic powder and Mexican spices before turning. Remove chicken to a platter, allow to cool.
Saute onion and garlic in chicken drippings until tender. Add corn and chiles. Stir well to combine. Add canned tomatoes, saute 1 minute.
Microwave tortillas on high for 30 seconds. This softens them and makes them more pliable. Coat the bottom of 2 (13 by 9-inch) pans with a ladle of enchilada sauce. Using a large shallow bowl, dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce to lightly coat. **I put some in a pie pan and "dunked" the shells in it. This worked well.** Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture in each tortilla. Fold over filling, place 8 enchiladas in each pan with seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. **I may have added a little more cheese than recommended. (I like cheese alot.)
Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F oven until cheese melts. Garnish with cilantro, scallion, sour cream and chopped tomatoes before serving. Serve with Spanish rice and beans.There you have it. It's super easy and highly recommended for a really fast and tasty dinner.