Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week Four Recipes

Hello Again!  Sorry this post is late... I worked a lot last week, which is a great thing, but it leaves little time for blogging.  Here's what we had last week and I'm working to get this week's menu up too!

Monday: Slow Cooked Beef Brisket, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans

  • Luckily, we were given quite a bit of produce this week.  I used the green beans tonight, and used the rest throughout the week.
  • I bought the brisket $13 and the potatoes $2.
  • Meal total = $15, but I had 1/2 the brisket left, and it is going to be used again on Thursday, and I had this for lunch the next day too.


Tuesday: Pizza with Cucumber Salad

  • We used up the meatballs that I made and had in the freezer.
  • I bought cheese $2, pizza crust $4 and pizza sauce $2.
  • I was given a pepper, a cucumber, had onions, and picked out some basil from our garden.
  • Meal total = $8, but I have one pizza crust left and some sauce, and they're hanging out in the freezer.

Wednesday: Community Group: Broccoli Slaw

  • We bought one package of broccoli slaw and two packs of Ramen noodles.
  • Meal total = $5


Thursday: Beef Brisket Quesadillas with Rice and Raspberries

  • I had the beef brisket, Ale-8-one BBQ sauce, taco shells, rice and lime juice.
  • I bought a small wedge of Brie $3, some Monterey Jack cheese $2 and the raspberries $2.
  • Dinner = $7, plus lunch the next day.


Friday: We made an impromptu trip to Louisville, so we were able to eat out tonight with family.

Saturday: We still stayed in Louisville, and we were able to try the Come Back Inn for the first time.  Scott promises it's the best spaghetti he's ever eaten in a restaurant.

Sunday: Grilled Cheese and Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper Soup

  • I keep the bread in our freezer, and continue to stock up whenever I go to Louisville.... I think it's $5 a loaf, but I kind of consider that a treat.
  • We used Pepper Jack Cheese that one of my husband's sweet co-workers bought for us.
  • Roaster Red Pepper Soup - $2
  • Meal = $2, and we'll continue to eat on this for lunch until it runs out.

Groceries = $37 this week, but we ate out on Friday and Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment