Hello Again! Sorry this post is late... I worked a lot last week, which is a great thing, but it leaves little time for blogging. Here's what we had last week and I'm working to get this week's menu up too!
Monday: Slow Cooked Beef Brisket, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
- Luckily, we were given quite a bit of produce this week. I used the green beans tonight, and used the rest throughout the week.
- I bought the brisket $13 and the potatoes $2.
- Meal total = $15, but I had 1/2 the brisket left, and it is going to be used again on Thursday, and I had this for lunch the next day too.
Tuesday: Pizza with Cucumber Salad
- We used up the meatballs that I made and had in the freezer.
- I bought cheese $2, pizza crust $4 and pizza sauce $2.
- I was given a pepper, a cucumber, had onions, and picked out some basil from our garden.
- Meal total = $8, but I have one pizza crust left and some sauce, and they're hanging out in the freezer.
Wednesday: Community Group: Broccoli Slaw
- We bought one package of broccoli slaw and two packs of Ramen noodles.
- Meal total = $5
Thursday: Beef Brisket Quesadillas with Rice and Raspberries
- I had the beef brisket, Ale-8-one BBQ sauce, taco shells, rice and lime juice.
- I bought a small wedge of Brie $3, some Monterey Jack cheese $2 and the raspberries $2.
- Dinner = $7, plus lunch the next day.
Friday: We made an impromptu trip to Louisville, so we were able to eat out tonight with family.
Saturday: We still stayed in Louisville, and we were able to try the Come Back Inn for the first time. Scott promises it's the best spaghetti he's ever eaten in a restaurant.
Sunday: Grilled Cheese and Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- I keep the bread in our freezer, and continue to stock up whenever I go to Louisville.... I think it's $5 a loaf, but I kind of consider that a treat.
- We used Pepper Jack Cheese that one of my husband's sweet co-workers bought for us.
- Roaster Red Pepper Soup - $2
- Meal = $2, and we'll continue to eat on this for lunch until it runs out.
Groceries = $37 this week, but we ate out on Friday and Saturday.