Thursday, August 30, 2012

Week Three Recipes

We've almost reached the end of August, and it has been a busy week!  Hence the lateness of this post. Last week was a little tricky too.  I planned on making the chicken, but something came up, and well, truth be told, I forgot to defrost it. It was okay though because we had tons of leftovers and parents came to visit us.  Needless to say, we'll be having chicken this week.  And so, here are the recipes for this week.

MondayFettuccine with Sausage & Leeks; Cucumber Salad

  • Since I forgot to defrost the chicken, I had the leeks and cucumbers.
  • I bought fettuccine ($2), parsley ($2) and sausage ($2.50).
  • I made the Italian Salad Dressing --- oh my goodness this is so easy.  I usually buy a packet because my grandma always did.  Well, I thought I had some mix, but I did not.  I found this recipe, and it tastes exactly the same except there are limited ingredients and I can pronounce them.  It is literally as easy as the packet.  Just slice up the cucumber, and pour the dressing on top.
  • Meal for two, plus two lunches = $6.50... and may I say this tasted fantastic.


Tuesday: Spaghetti Squash with Kale and Kidney Beans

  • I bought a spaghetti squash ($3), garlic (.50) and kale ($2).
  • I had a can of kidney beans so I used those instead.
  • I had olive oil, red pepper, salt and parmesan.
  • Meal for two, plus two lunches = $5.50. (Another delicious choice).

Wednesday: CG - Coca-Cola Cake.... Cracker Barrel Style

  • I bought buttermilk($1) and coke ($1).
  • I had everything else.
  • We had 1/4 of the sheet cake left after group, so that means we get dessert!! ($2)

Thursday: Roast Chicken or Roast Chicken, Purple Cabbage and Carrots

  • I bought cabbage ($2) and carrots ($2).  Add some butter, seasoned salt and sauté for a tasty vegetable medley. 
  • I had the chicken and seasoning.
  • Dinner plus leftovers = $4.

Friday: Bubble and Squeak (Please try this.... it is true comfort food!)

  • I bought bacon ($4), jalepeno cheese ($3), and 2 large potatoes ($1).
  • I had cabbage and carrots.
  • Meal plus two lunches = $8.

Saturday: White Bean Chili

  • I bought an onion ($1) and a jalepeno (.50), and a bag of dried white beans ($2).
  • I had carrots, I made the chicken stock, and had all of the other spices.
  • Dinner plus two more dinners to freeze = ($3.50)

Sunday: Leftovers

  • Already paid for!
Dinner for the Week = $29.50


No comments:

Post a Comment