Monday: Fettuccini Alfredo
- I used the other half of the pasta that I bought last week.
- I used heavy cream that I bought last week to make caramel sauce.
- I had parmesan cheese.
- I made honey dijon dressing for our salad.
- I bought spinach from the salad bar because we usually don't use the whole bag.
- Dinner = $1, plus 1 lunch and half of the alfredo sauce left. I froze it to use at a later date!
- I bought the pork. This recipe has onions (I had), orange juice (I bought), chipotle peppers (I had), lime juice (I bought), and a variety of spices (I had).
- I bought two sweet potatoes.
- I bought two poblano peppers. (I just dice the sweet potatoes and poblanos. Sauté the potatoes on the stove top in a little oil for about 15 minutes, then add the peppers for about 5 minutes.
- I had rice, but I bought cilantro.
- Dinner = $15
Wednesday: CG Dinner - I am taking a strawberry mozzarella salad. *This was a splurge... I love this, and I wanted to make it while strawberries were still in season!
- I bought strawberries, mozzarella, mint and almonds.
- I had olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Dinner = $10
Thursday: Pork Tacos with Pickled Onions and Black Beans I added lots of seasoning to this recipe... cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and chili pepper.
- I used the pork from Tuesday (free), got some taco shells (bought), pickled some onions (free), and chopped up cilantro for the tacos.
- I'm using the leftover rice from Tuesday tonight.
- I bought a bag of dried black beans (cheaper than buying a can).
- I'm also going to freeze any remaining cilantro in a touch of olive oil to use later.
- Dinner = $3
- I bought a whole chicken. I had the butter and herbs to season it.
- I bought a container of blueberries, a cucumber and a mango.
- I had the quinoa.
- Dinner = $14.50
Spinach Artichoke Soup - find this recipe in a post next week. Roast Chicken
- I am using yesterdays chicken for this (free).
- I am making chicken broth from the chicken bones (free).
- I am buying a container of spinach and a leek.
- I am buying a bag of frozen artichokes.
- Dinner = $6, plus 2 containers to freeze for leftovers later!
Eat Leftovers! Spinach Artichoke Soup
- I'm not sure what will be left, but I know that there will be some in the fridge... take advantage of resting on Sunday and simply reheat what you already have.
That's a whole week's worth of meals plus lunches and 3 full frozen meals for later for just $50. Please note that my meat was bought local, so your costs will probably be lower if you purchase them at a grocery.