Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Roasted Chicken Linguine

It's been a while since I've posted a main course recipe, so of course I turned to my tried and true source: Delicious Disney. This recipe comes from Shutters Restaurant at Disney's Vero Beach Resort. And let me just say, this pasta is sooooo good; it made our house smell simply amazing. I made it so that it was chalked full of herbs; I used fresh basil and oregano (compliments of Scott's mom) and a goat cheese that was encased in herbes de provence. I can't wait to eat the leftovers! By the time the pasta was done, everything else was prepped and ready to go. If you need a fast dinner this is perfect. It took about 15 minutes total to make and about 5 minutes for Scott and I to lick our plates clean. Here's how you make the linguine:

2 1/2 - 3 lb roasted chicken (I took a pound of roasted chicken from Whole Foods' Salad Bar)
1 lb dry linguine
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons pine nuts (I used walnuts because I had them on hand)
1/2 10 ounce bag spinach
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup goat cheese (Farmer's Market Find: Capriole's Herbes de Provence)
1/2 bunch basil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded for garnish

**I did add just a little chicken stock to give it a slight sauce**

Pull chicken from bones and tear into bite-sized pieces. Set aside. Cook linguine according to package directors. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Heat all of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds (don’t let it burn). Add sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts, stirring until nuts are lightly browned. Add chicken, spinach, and feta and goat cheeses, stirring until creamy. Add linguine and heat through. Add basil, then season with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh Parmesan cheese.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment