Sunday, July 11, 2010

Raincoast Crisps

I have a new addiction, and it was a complete accident. I was at the grocery store last week minding my own business when all of the sudden I spotted a sample. I don't always take the samples, but this item looked unique and the packaging was so well put together that I simply couldn't resist. The sample was for Raincoast Crisps, a small, circular cracker with all sorts of tasty things inside like cranberries and hazelnuts. I was expecting a excessively crunchy cracker that tasted like "health food," but I was pleasantly surprised that it had a slight chewiness about it and that it did not lack in flavor. I couldn't resist buying a package, but only one because they were ridiculously expensive. I set out to find a recipe for these tasty bites, and I found just that at Dinner with Julie. Her recipe makes the Rosemary Raisin variety, but to make the Cranberry Hazelnut kind that I have been raving about simply omit the rosemary, substitute cranberries for the raisins, and substitute hazelnuts for the pecans. Follow everything else exactly.
I hope that you give these festive little crackers a try, and when you do, add some brie to them! These would also be fantastic to give as hostess gifts or for Christmas. Mmmm.... Have a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment