Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm Simply Tickled Pink!

Thank you, thank you to Savannah at Pitter Patter and Amy at Pretty Little Presents for giving me a blog award! It's so much fun, and silly as it is, it kind of made my day! There are some stipulations to this award though, and I am much obliged to fulfill them! These were my directions:

Here are the rules:
~thank the person who nominated me for the award
~copy the logo and place it on my blog
~link to the person who nominated me
~list 7 things people may not know about me
~nominate 7 creative bloggers
~post their links
~leave a comment on each

Here are my Kreativ Blogger nominees:

Annie's Eats: This blog is becoming a go-to for me when I need a delicious, yet unique recipe. The blog is laid out in lovely way, and each recipe has some special flare to it. It makes me hungry just looking at it!

Nesting Place: This blog has wonderful ideas to spruce up your home. It features crafts (that don't look crafty) and other easy do-it-yourself ways to make your house look like a home.

Katy Elliot: I love how crisp and clean everything looks in this blog. Katy has elegant, yet simple and understated taste, so everything looks extremely polished. She also has recipes and other fun tidbits that will have you searching her blog.

Design Dazzle: I don't have children, but if I did, they would have the coolest bedrooms and parties around because I would find my ideas here. Although this website has really fun children's rooms, it also has some creative party ideas that can be translated to an adult setting. It also has the DIY projects that we all love!

Under a Paper Moon: I love the quirky photos, fashion and finds on this blog. There are lots of fun tidbits, and you are sure to find what you are looking for.

Pewter and Sage
: This blog provides more inspiration for festive home decorating. I enjoy looking through all of her various home pictures!

Centsational Girl
: This blog has lots of home improvement ideas. Each is seems like they could be easily achieved with a little work. Did I mention that she likes to work on a budget... now that's my kind of style!

And Here are Seven Things You May Not Know About Me:

1. My blog's name is named after my Grandpa. When I was trying to think of a name, I kept thinking and thinking. I called my grandpa Poppy, and they have become my favorite flowers. So, I went with Pink and Poppy. And on a side note, I teach English, so I liked the alliteration of pink with the poppy. My favorite color is really blue. :)
2. I am absolutely obsessed with Disney World. I have been there nineteen times (twenty soon!) I got engaged at Disney World, and I could pretty much write a book. Any questions; shoot them my way!
3. I have recently taken up bike riding. I am by no means a professional, and I will never, ever try to be, but it's fun to ride around the park or up to the grocery store. It's my little contribution to the environment. This summer, my husband and I want to ride the
Great Allegheny Passage. We'll see how that turns out.
4. I am a running coach. Through middle school, high school and even college I ran track and cross country, so it was a natural transition for me to continue to be involved in the sport. This year, I was not able to coach cross country because of KTIP (Kentucky Teacher Internship Program), but I'm going to do my best to coach track with my middle schoolers. It's so much fun!
5. Reese Witherspoon is my favorite actress of this generation. (Audrey Hepburn could never be topped of course as my all time favorite.) But, I think Reese is a wonderful role model with lots of talent. If she's in a movie, I'm sure to love it.
6. I'm an only child. I don't know why that is extremely significant, but I'm running out of things to say! I can entertain myself easily; I think that's why I like to cook so much. It's easy to be a one person job.
7. And last... hmm. I kind of have a slight shoe obsession. But I don't buy normal shoes. Well, I guess they're normal, but they all have a unique twist about them. The higher the heel or the more unique peep toe is right up my alley. These were my latest purchase, and the picture does not do them justice! They are Stuart Weitzman, but you know I did not pay full price; thank you Von Maur clearance shoe room!

No comments:

Post a Comment