Friday, July 6, 2012

Why Have I Waited So Long?

Over the past few months, I have pinned way more things that I ability to make, do or create, so I have made it a goal to at least tackle my dinner board.  Before I go to any other source, I've tried to start filtering through those ideas so that I can keep some and get rid of other recipes.  Tonight, I made chicken, kale and the creamy curried beans that I am writing about.

I can't believe I waited so long to make these.  They are so insanely good!  Even though I had chicken, I could have just eaten a bowl of these with some corn bread...it's like a new southern dish.  The sauce that the beans are in is truly delicious.  It has garlic, curry, ginger, garam masala and some cayenne pepper to give it some heat... and it has heavy whipping cream to make it extra rich.  I could go on and on, but I really think that you should just make them yourself.

Creamy Curried Beans
Source (Recipe & Photo) Let's Dish

Ingredients
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup onion
2 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
3/4 teaspoon garam masala
dash or so of cayenne pepper
2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
chopped cilantro

Directions
Melt butter and saute onions for about 5 minutes.  Add garlic, and saute another 2 minutes.  Add all spices, and let them simmer for 2 minutes.  Add cream, lemon juice and beans.  Simmer until the sauce thickens.  Add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with cilantro.  

Easy Peasy!  I hope you enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment