Friday, July 29, 2011

Louisville Love: The Comfy Cow

Hello Friends! I wanted to start a new portion of my blog where I can talk about unique Louisville stops that I love, and that I hope you try. I think I've talked about today's location before, but oh well! Today, I want share with you the goodness that is The Comfy Cow.


The Comfy Cow is located in Westport Village off of Westport Road, and soon other locations will be opening on Frankfort Avenue and near U of L's campus. What makes Comfy Cow unique are its amazing flavor combination. Each week they feature a foodie flavor of the week (lavender and honey, gin and juice, orange fennel), and it is guaranteed to be something that you won't find in any other Louisville locale. Beyond the outrageous flavors, they have normal flavors too, but they doctor them in such a way that no other ice cream parlor can come close to matching. They just put love and creativity into each batch.


Here are some examples of the flavors they have rotating now: Freshly Roasted Coffee, Cookie Monster Dough, Strawberry Fields Forever, Dulche de Leche de Salte, Gin and Juice, Bourbon Ball, Red Velvet Cake with White Chocolate Icing, German Chocolate Cake, and the list goes on and on. I guarantee you will be able to find something to strike your fancy.


The Comfy Cow was also recently featured on Travel Channel's Man vs. Food Nation. Wednesday, the Comfy Cow had a viewing party to reveal if the challenger could complete the Comfy Cow challenge. Unfortunately, he did not succeed, but the evening was great fun.


Check out the Comfy Cow.... I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Images from here, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment