Monday, July 18, 2011

Jasmine Infused Granola

Hi Friends!! It's been too long! Sorry for my absence, but I promise to be make more posts now that I have more time on my hands. Here is the first: Jasmine Infused Granola.

A few weeks ago, my husband and I went to NYC for our summer vacation. We ate at the sweetest little tea parlor called Alice's Tea Cup. We both loved it so much that I purchased the cookbook. There was a recipe for Vanilla Tea Infused Granola, and I decided to make some for a friend but with a few changes. The most obvious is the type of tea that I used; I could not find a vanilla tea that smelled appetizing... most had some other scent undercurrent that did not taste edible. I kind of made this on a whim, so I'm sure there is one out there somewhere in my city, but just not at Kroger.

Here is what Alice's says to describe this granola: "This has quickly become our most popular breakfast item and for good reason! It's not the muesli-style granola-we mix our granola with tea, drizzle it with honey and bake it until it's good and toasty."
Alice's Tea Cup Granola

You can make my version by doing this:

Jasmine Infused Granola
Adapted from Alice's Vanilla Tea Infused Granola
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 heaping teaspoons jasmine tea leaves (finely ground in a coffee grinder)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1/2 dried cranberries
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey, plus extra to drizzle
1/2 stick melted butter

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350, and spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Combine all ingredients except butter and honey in a large bowl; mix well. Then stir in honey and butter.
3. Spread evenly on baking sheet and press down with back of spatula... bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
4. Use the spatula to flip the granola. Again, pack it down with the spatula and generously drizzle with honey. (It will still be crumbly at this point.) Bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy. Set aside to cool completely.
5. Break into smaller pieces - be sure to store in an air tight container so it doesn't become soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment