Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Good Bye Butter

Dear Cheese and Butter,

I have loved eating you Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, but it is time to part for a while. I enjoyed you in the green bean casserole, the potato gratin, the cakes, well, in everything, and because of that, it's time to eat healthy... at least today. So to my friends who also desire to purge their pantries of the butter laden leftovers, here are some tasty alternatives to fill your day.

First on the day's menu is Morning Glory Muffins.
These are tasty little tidbits if I must say so. I did modify this recipe just a touch. I took out the molasses (sometimes it can be bitter) and added just a smidge more brown sugar. I know that a smidge is a very technical cooking term, but run with it! I also took out the prunes (because they are disgusting!) and substituted them for dried cranberries. If you fancy the prunes, more power to you!

For lunch, enjoy Strawberry-Turkey-Brie Paninis.

I haven't actually tried this sandwich, but in theory, it sounds and looks good. Let me know what you think!

And finally for dinner, try the Lemon Veggies with Pasta.
This tasty and light dish is so colorful and quick to create that I think anyone could make it. In addition to the vegetables listed, I added 1 small red bell pepper, a small head of broccoli and one cup instead of 3/4 a cup of chicken broth. If you want a little extra protein, add strips of a chicken breast. I was happy with just the pasta though.

Here's to guilt free food... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment