Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bean Soup and Cornbread

I made this soup last night with our left over honey baked ham. I have wanted to make this for awhile, but I couldn't resist any longer since I had all of the ingredients. I also went ahead and made cornbread because soup is nothing without this crumbly bread. Here are the steps:

Bean-and-Ham Soup
Ingredients:
3 cans great northern beans
1 14 ounce can chicken broth (I used more)
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, diced
1 1/2 cups ham, cubed
pepper and garlic salt to taste

Directions:
Rinse and drain beans. Process one-third can of beans and half of chicken broth in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saute for five minutes. Add ham and saute for three minutes.
Add bean puree, remaining beans and remaining broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for at least 30 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.


The cornbread is compliments of All Recipes. The link will take you to the recipe. The cornbread was light and sweet. It was the perfect accompaniment to the bean soup. Enjoy the dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment