Monday, February 8, 2010

A Day Late and A Dollar Short... But Better Late Than Never

I would have posted this yesterday, but I was not sure how the results would turn out. (I am always leery to lose your trust on account of a bad recipe.) In honor of Super Bowl and all things "manly" I decided to make Buffalo Chicken Dip. This was the embodiment of the football season. It was right at home with all our other annual football food, and it tasted straight-up like a buffalo wing (minus the bone and the messiness of course.) So here is how you make it:
*Source: Frank's Hot Sauce*

Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip
Ingredients:

8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
(Low-fat)

1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
(I used low-fat Kraft Blue Cheese)

1/2 cup any flavor FRANK'S® REDHOT® Sauce

1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
(I used the 4 cheese Mexican Blend--definitely not low-fat)

2 cans (12.5 oz. each) SWANSON® White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained

Directions:

Heat oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.

Mix in salad dressing, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.

Bake 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.

*I made mine in a baby crockpot, and it turned out swimmingly.*

No comments:

Post a Comment