Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tailgate Time

Yesterday we went tailgating with some friends of the family, and I thought what better dessert than something that looks like a football. I made these cookies because they were easy make and easy to hold. The only tricky part about these cookies is that you had to smoosh the cookies into the shape of a football. I figured in out by the last one, but make sure you use floured hands.
Here's all you have to do:
1- Buy one roll of sugar cookie dough, and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
2- Cut the dough into 1/2 rounds; shape into a football using floured hands.
3- Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.
4- Let cool for 15 minutes, then decorate. I used the squeezable chocolate icing for cookies and white gel icing. This made everything look neat. I don't think they would have turned our very well if I had used a knife of cake spatula.

And that's it! Everyone loved them, so you should definitely take them to your next tailgate party!

No comments:

Post a Comment